Friday, July 15, 2011

WHAT A DAY FOR A CROSS WALK

Beautiful day in Bakersfield. Custom made for a cross walking man. Heading out to the Buck Owens Blvd/Sillect Ave. corridor, I felt the joy of the Lord as I unloaded the large cross and began the cross walk. Today I would pray for many people. I knew this. Sure enough, just a couple of blocks into the walk, a lady made a U-turn in her car and pulled up to me.

With tears in her eyes, she asked if I would pray for her and her son. Of course. As I prayed, she wept. Her son was being influenced by the gang life, attending a court-ordered community school, and her heart was broken. Then God's peace broke through. Ending our prayer I promised to hoist the large 10-foot cross at the Community School not far away and pray hard for her son and the others in attendance. I gave her three special tract/cards that I felt would help, then told her to call me if she needed more prayer. With a huge smile on her face, she drove off.

Hoisting the large cross to my shoulder I continued the walk, aware that there would be many more today who would stop me and ask for prayer. And, of course, that's what the cross walk is all about! Glory to the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment